11.05.2009

On Gaia Again

I've poked my nose in on Gaia today, just to check out what was going on. I'm tempted to come back, but if I do so, it's going to have to be without purchasing online items. I guess the main reason why I quit before, aside from not getting anything important done, was that I was spending far too much money on the monthly collectibles. It used to be that I could spend maybe $25 and get a couple of the MC's for my avatar. When I was last on, I was dropping $100 or more for the aquarium items, MC's sets, and Evolving Items. All this just to furnish a fake world for myself! Without another word, I dropped it and didn't look back for a good 6 months, or so. Out of curiosity, and probably a desperate need to connect to others, I checked up on my main account.

It's been a couple weeks now since the Geek.Kon 09 convention ended. I've gone from being a somebody involved in an entrepreneurial endeavor: strolling the halls of the con, checking up on vendors and Geek Theater, and beaming over the success of Iron Butt Challenge, to a nobody working in a grocery store, passed up for promotion time after time. Working on Geek.Kon, especially the 2009 con, proved to myself that I can do better. That I'm worth more than some kitchen drudge job. Granted at $10+/hour plus benefits, this is the best job I've ever had, but I can do even better.

Anyway, off topic again. Other avenues of socialization are opening up for me. I'm on City of Heroes again, contributing to the House of the Wayward Soul (more on that later), and I'm still on staff for Geek.Kon. I've stopped going to the UW Anime Club, since the guy running it isn't really what the club needs to survive. Talking during the show, then chastising people who tell you to shut up does not a good president make! I also might be doing stand up comedy again at the Open Mic on Comedy Club on State Street on Wednesdays, too. I just have to get over my fear of crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for meeping!