11.13.2009

The Buzz

Don't really feel like gaming tonight, since I have to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Might try to make it anyway. I always lose. Like last place on the board, man. That's another thing, we started out learning how to do RPG's, but a few people stopped coming because of school. Now the few who are left, along with some new ones are doing boardgaming. It's all right, but I'd rather be able to use the $80 in D&D 4th edition books I bought. I have gotten to see a glimpse of the immense boardgaming world.

I've been obsessed with Tem Fortress 2 lately, and I don't even own the game! I've been watching the various machinima for it, particularly this one. I liked the song, Sound of Madness, so much that I went out and bought it on iTunes. I also enjoy the "Meet the...." series Valve has put out for it. As someone else described them: "they're like dirty Pixar cartoons." I've asked my mom to get me the Orange Box (PC) for Christmas. However, I'm a little nervous about entering into this arena. Unlike my anime hobby and art, gaming is a bit more aggressive. It demands better technology, more time, more money, and an especially thick skin. Some people take it seriously and get frustrated with us more casual gamers.

Coincidentally, this is also the reason I'm hesitant about getting into costuming. Despite the fact that everyone I know has sewn a costume for some kind of cosplay before.

PC gaming in particular requires upgrading or out right buying or assembling a new computer just about every 2 years, or so. I try to make my machines last as long as possible. You gotta remember, I'm living int the Capitol City of Wisconsin, thus I have to pay high rent and prices. My first concern is keeping a roof over my head. That's one thing I hate about modern fandom. If you don't keep up with the herd, you get lost in the dust. Maybe boardgaming isn't such a bad thing. Yeah, there are collector's editions and stuff, but in the end, it's usually all the same game.

Some other machinima you may want to check out are:
Freeman's Mind
Ignus Solus (Team Fortress 2 Day of the Pyro)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for meeping!